Thursday, March 17, 2011

For Japan with Love






There will be no happy posts from me tomorrow. The images from Japan continue to play over and over in my mind as I hold my babies tight in my warm house with all the furnishings and full bellies. I cannot even begin to imagine what the survivors there will face over the next hours, weeks, months, years.

The devastation is too much for one person to handle.

Too much for one person to understand.

Too much for one person to help.

But together, we can make a difference in the lives of the survivors.

I am doing just a small part by supporting "For Japan with Love."



All donations through this campaign will go directly to ShelterBox.

ShelterBox was one of the first organizations on hand to help in Japan after the earthquake. Each large, green ShelterBox is tailored to a disaster but typically contains a disaster relief tent for an extended family, blankets, water storage and purification equipment, cooking utensils, a stove, a basic tool kit, a children’s activity pack and other vital items.

No, I can't give a lot right now. I can't. But the "little" I give paired with the "little" you give just might go a long way. Please consider giving if you can.

It will mean the world to someone who needs it more than you and I right now.

To donate, CLICK HERE. The goal at the beginning of this campaign was to raise $5,500. At the time of this posting, the total is over $20,000.

I won't be posting any new content on this blog tomorrow since I'm participating in Bloggers Day of Silence. My blog will be silent in honor of the tragedy and devastation surrounding Japan.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Peace and love, peeps.

Peace and love.

No comments: