Sunday, November 27, 2011

Another {new} Advent Calendar

Soooooooooooooo...I decided to make yet ANOTHER new Advent Calendar this year.

I loved the one I made last year, but I still wanted something a bit different.

While the masses were out elbowing each other down at midnight for Black Friday deals, I was at home in my kitchen assembling what I hoped would be the cutest little Advent Calendar yet.

It all started when I saw this post. Then I saw this one.

Done.

It had me at "envelope." I'm a sucker for cute envelopes, you know.

I recently ordered this kit from Elle's Studio, so I decided to whip up the envelope book in the wee hours of the morning using my newly acquired kit. {Yay for actually using my kit and not hoarding it, like usual.}



I dug around and found a few cute envelopes that I liked and I steamed them open so that I could use them as templates to make new envelopes.

I'm clever like that. {Or high school like that - depending on which way you look at it.}

Anyhoo...here's how it turned out!
































I really like it.

I like that it's all wonky and crazy with it's odd-sized envelopes.

I really, really like the confetti envelope at the back. The inspiration for that one came from Ali, who in turn, got her inspiration from Pinterest - imagine that!

So now all I have to do is add an activity to each "pocket" or envelope and I'm set! I'm all ready for December!

Yay for being ahead of things for once.

Happy Advent-ing!

Pin It

2 comments:

The Constant Scrapper said...

This is fantastic, Leigh. Such a great version of an Advent Calendar!

Melinda said...

Cute! I love it and it does double duty-advent calendar and mini album after!